Sunday, December 2, 2007

Let it snow, let it snow, let is snow.....

Saturday morning we woke up to snow. Jordan was so excited that she went running into Ken’s room to tell him it was snowing. At that time we had a small layer on the ground. It covered the drive way and you couldn’t see any of the rocks, but you could still see a lot of the grass in our yard. It hadn’t snowed enough for it to cover up the yard. Ken was so excited that he said I want to touch it. I told him to go get dressed in some warm clothes and he could go out. While both kids got ready to go out David got the camera ready. It seemed so fitting to have our first snow of the season on December 1st. To me the official beginning of the Christmas season. Here are a few photos of Ken’s first experience of snow.

The first touch.

Total instinct one must torture their sister with snow.

My hands are feeling a little cold.

Dave told him to taste it. Every kid does it!!!

Ok dad please take the picture we are getting cold.

It continued to snow the rest of the day. A normal person would have just stayed home where it was warm and safe. I have never said I was a normal person. lol The kids and I headed into town for the day. I had a dentist appointment and Ken had his first American friend’s birthday party. On my way to the dentist appointment I dropped Ken off at the mall so he could get his friend a birthday present. Jordan and I headed to the dentist.

I am happy to report that I have no cavities. Won’t my dad be proud? He won’t be too happy to hear that I might have to get braces again. Especially after all the money he spent on them the first time. He used to always tease me by telling people they could hit me anywhere but the mouth that he paid too much money for my perfect teeth. It has been over 20 years since I had braces and my teeth are moving back and I have a strange click in my jaw. So my dentist is having me see the orthodontist in the clinic to see what we can do about it. There will be more to this story later when I learn more. But my ortho appointment isn’t until late March so you will have to wait on the edge of your seat until then. Because I know you can’t wait to hear the end of this story. lol Remember how I said earlier that I never did say I was normal. lol

Anyway we left the dentist and picked up Ken at the mall and headed to Fred Meyer’s to get groceries for the week. Then it was time for the party. Since Ken’s party was at Park Bowl, which is across the street from our Church. We dropped Ken off at the party then Jordan and I headed over for the Saturday evening Church service. To our surprise as we were walking into Church our good friends the Zerbst family was walking in as well. Stephani and I have known each other since we were kids when her family lived out in Custer. About six years ago we ran into each other when our girls were attending the same preschool. Summer, Stephani’s oldest is Jordan’s best friend. We all sat together and enjoyed Pastor Grant’s service. He is a great speaker. I really enjoy his sermons.

As we sat in Church it continued to snow A LOT. When we got out there was a nice layer over all the cars. The Zerbst invited us to join them for dinner. We headed to have some good old Mexican food at Mi Mexico. It was nice spending time with Erich and Stephani. The girls got a chance to catch up with each other. All in all it was a good evening.

After we left the restaurant we headed over to fill up the car with gas and to get a movie. I was trying to kill time until Ken’s birthday party was over. I am used to kids birthday parties lasting a couple hours and their done. Lessoned learned teenagers like to talk, eat, talk and eat some more and I think they also got some bowling in every once in a while. lol At nine we headed over to the bowling alley to wait until the party was over. Ken looked like he was having a lot of fun with his friends. After we sat down to wait Jordan started to get a bad stomachache. After several trips to the bathroom and seeing that the party wasn’t getting over anytime soon. I wasn’t about to ask Ken to go home yet. So I told him that we would head home and to call when he was done that dad would come and get him.

Jordan and I headed home to unload the groceries and get some Tums in her poor little tummy. Once home, a couple of tums and a couple more trips to the bathroom Jordan was feeling better. David went and picked up Ken at the party. He then showed Ken how much fun snow can be in a car and an empty parking lot. I guess they did a couple of donuts and slide around before heading home. That is something I will not let Dave do when I am in the car. Boys will be boys.

After a whole day of snowing you could no longer see our yard it had a full blanket of snow. It was a very beautiful site. Now it is Sunday and a majority of the snow is gone. You can see the grass again. I hear that a warm pocket of weather is coming our way…..warm meaning about 40 degrees. But warm enough to melt the snow. At least Ken got a chance to see and experience the snow. That’s it for now. I hope you enjoyed this Willoughby adventure.

2 comments:

pysanki.blogspot.com said...

Sorry to hear about the posibility of braces again. I'm glad you guys had fun in the snow. I'll have to update my blog soon...I had no film so took video which takes a little longer to download :) I'll have to blog a little about the the snow we got when Sharon (our OZ exchange student) was here.

Marion said...

really enjoyed reading about the Willoughby adventures; loved all the pictures...I would have liked seeing more of Dave (you know how mothers are lol)
namaste
marion