Sunday, April 13, 2008

Spring was here.

This was our yard at the end of the summer, before we or Andy aka Dad planted grass. Thanks Dad for all your hard work on our yard.

This was taken today. This is the view that I see when I come home. I love seeing the green cut grass. The un-mowed section is our neighbors back yard.


This is direct in front of the house. Once again check out the green grass.


I took this close up picture just to show my one and only flower garden. Yes I know I have no flowers in it, so I guess it is just my dirt garden. lol Put there will be flowers in it soon.


Yesterday David and I woke up and got right out of bed and got to work. We started on the outside. It was a beautiful spring day. The temperature was perfect, not to hot and not to cold. The plan was David would mow the lawn and I would take the weed eater around the house. Our weed eater had a different plan. It would start, but was having issues. It would quit when I started to use it. While David worked on that I mowed the whole front yard and a little bit of the back yard. The majority of our back yard is still too wet to be mowed. He got the weed eater up and running. While I did the weed eating David lowered the blade on the mower and went over the front yard again.

After I cleaned up the grass all over my body (weed eating is messy lol) I headed in and started working on cleaning the house. Ken had already started on cleaning the kitchen. He is such a good kid. I worked on the rest of the house. I also did a ton of laundry, even got it folded and put away.

Once everything was done I took a long shower and went out on my deck and enjoyed the beautiful sunshine. I put my feet up and fell fast asleep. Between my yard and the house I was exhausted, but it was worth it. Sitting out on the desk with the sun on my face smelling the fresh cut grass and a clean house inside. It felt good to get it all done. Spring is here, and I love it.

No comments: