Monday, August 20, 2007

Crazy busy weekend

I think I need another weekend to recover from my weekend. Oh well it is only a two-day work week for me then I am off thru to next Monday.

Friday we had my friend Stephani’s daughter Lily for the night. She is 3-years-old, and she is just the sweetest little girl. Once we got home I ran around to do some general pick up on my house because the rep from the agency was coming to inspect my house. I guess to make sure we were normal or something. lol I guess we passed that inspection. There is proof that we are normal or at least we appear normal.

I then feed my family some dinner. Lily got to try some different dishes of Chinese food. She seemed to like it. Then the girls disappeared into Jordan’s room for a while. I guess Lily had a blast dressing and undressing Jordan’s bears. Lily is such an easy child watch. When it was bedtime she went right to sleep without any fussing. I was very impressed because this was Lily’s first time staying away from home with someone other then family.

On Saturday we took the girls to the fair. They had a blast with all the carnival rides. Lily’s favorite was any ride that spun her in circles. She did have to be rescued by David on one adventure. I guess the slide in Raiders scared her. But a little cotton candy made that memory fade.

At 1:30 we headed out of the fair to take Lily home. It was so cute when we pulled up to Lily’s house she started to cry. She didn’t want to go home. As Stephani put it who ever is happy when the fun ends? The Willoughby adventure was a success with Lily.

After that we headed down to Seattle to see our friends Michele and Erich. We meet them at the Spaghetti Factory for dinner. For those of you that don’t know Michele she is the minister that performed mine and David’s wedding ceremony. It was fun visiting with them and getting caught up on everything. It has been a while since we got to hang out.

After dinner we went to the Ronald McDonald house to drop of the hats that Jordan’s Girl Scout Troop made. They earned their sewing badge while making the hats. We walked around the house to see if any of our friends where there. I told David it was a bittersweet moment. You really want to see your friends there, but if you did see them that meant that their child was still sick. However we didn’t see anyone that we knew so we headed out to go back to Michele and Erich’s house.

We stayed the night with M & E. It was a nice evening of chatting. The boys had their typical chat time. I think it was David picking Erich’s brain about computer stuff. Jordan played with Michele’s daughter Emily who is two years younger. The two girls are attending camp together this week.

The next morning Michele, family and Jordan headed to Church. Michele took Jordan and Emily to camp so that David and I could attend my family reunion. That is where David and I headed after we finished getting ready.

It was great seeing all my family at the reunion. This was a family reunion for my mom’s side of the family. I got to visit with several people that I hadn’t see in years. I also got to meet several cousins that I had never met before. A big Thank you to my cousin Larry and Barb, who hosted the event.

We got home at about 6:00pm. I did a bunch of laundry, watched a little TV and then I crashed. It was a busy busy weekend. I had a good time, but I wouldn’t want to have a weekend like that every week.

Now that we survived the weekend and got Jordan off to camp it is now time to get the finishing touches on Khoa’s arrival.

I did get an email from Khoa. I guess he and his mom got into a car accident yesterday. It sounds like he might have broke his wrist, but I will know more tomorrow. That was the worst of both their injuries.

No comments: