Thursday, August 16, 2007

Getting ready.

I started this blog to write about our adventures on having an exchange student for the year. We are expecting our student to arrive Aug. 21st at 11:45pm. Thank goodness he is flying into Bellingham, otherwise it would have been a long night. I am very excited for this up coming year. I know that it will not be without its hardships, but after last year I think our family can survive it.

His name is Do Dang Khoa. His first name is Khoa, but his American name is Kenneth. He has said we could call him either one. He is 17 and is from Ho Chi Mihn, Vietnam.

Jordan and I have been getting his room ready. For those of you who are familiar with my house he will have Steve’s old room the one next to Jordan’s room. I have gotten it all cleaned out and almost ready to go. I still have to get a dresser and some sort of shelf unit in the room for him to use. Jordan and I have done a little decorating for him. I purchased a Seattle Seahawks and Mariners poster for the room. He doesn’t know much about either sport, but I am sure David will education him on the art of being a fan.

We have busy week ahead of us. Jordan is headed to Church camp for the week. We drop her of on Sunday. She is attending the same camp that I went to growing up. Camp Indianola on the Kitsap Peninsula. This year is a drama camp. They will be doing some sort of performance at the end of the week for the parents.

Then Khoa arrives the following Tuesday. I have taken Wednesday-Friday off so that we have get him settled. Plus will have to pick Jordan up from Camp on Thursday. It will give us a chance to give Khoa a new experience. He has never ridden on a ferry before.

After that our life will be getting both kids ready for school. Jordan will be entering the 5th grade this year at Alderwood Elementary School. This is her last year in elementary school. Next year it is Middle school, but that is a whole other blog time. Lol Khoa will be a senior at Squalicum High School.

We hope to have some sort of Meet and Great party so that our friends and family get a chance to meet Khoa. I will keep you posted on when that will happen.

Well I hope you enjoy reading about our adventures this year. Please feel free to post any comments, questions and or suggestions…….lots and lots of suggestions. lol

No comments: