Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Weekend fun.

Sorry I haven’t posted in a couple of days. I have been really tired at night. I think it is my body’s way of saying slow down. That is just what we did this weekend had a little bit of slow time.

On Saturday we got caught up on our sleep then and just lounged around for a while. That evening use ladies and Ken went to a candle party at my friend Julia’s. It was fun to visit with Julia and Andrea a little bit.

After the party I took Ken over to see the neighborhood where I grew up. I took him down the street that I lived on for 22 years of my life. My old house in Custer has changed a bit. For those of you who know the house where we had our deck and hot tub the new owners have added what looks like a three-story addition to the house. It looks a little strange to me but that is because it doesn’t look my childhood house.

We also stopped to meet Pam my 2nd childhood mom. Pam, her husband Hal and their daughter Angela bought the house across the street from us about a month after my parents and I moved in. This was in the spring of 1972. I don’t think my parents could have asked for better neighbors. Angela and I were both only children. We were only one month apart. Angela’s birthday is February 6th and mine is March 6th. Please note that she is the older one. We were like sisters growing up. Angela went on family trips with us. My best memories are camping trips to Whidbey Island. Maybe that is where we got our liking for Military boys. Pam and Hal still live in the house on Main Street. Angela and her kids where at her mom’s as well so Ken got a chance to meet her.

After that we went to Fred Meyer’s to get some groceries. While at the store I found they had a deal on eggs. You buy one box of 18 and you get the second one free. Of course I had to get the free one. Jordan kept saying we had enough eggs. I was thinking maybe I had one box, but that it would be fine. Jordan was right I had more then enough eggs. With the eggs at home and the eggs I had just bought I had 4 yes 4 18-count boxes of eggs. Dang that’s a lot of eggs.

On Sunday I called Michelle and Dave up and told them to come over we are have eggs for breakfast. lol. Marty made us a wonderful breakfast. We had hash browns, toast and of course eggs. Then Jordan made us some cinnamon rolls. It was a wonderful breakfast. After that we decided to go to the mall and let Ken do a little shopping. He loves to shop.

My five-day weekend was over. I really like working a two-day work week and have a five day weekend. That would be a nice schedule. lol

2 comments:

Steph :o) said...

Hey, you had an awesome weekend! Looking forward to meeting Ken. I'm jealous because I feel like everyone has met him except for us! WAH!

pysanki.blogspot.com said...

Mike chuckeled over the egg incident. Too bad it's not closer to Easter or Christmas then they could be used for decorating. The nice thing about eggs is they have a long shelf life. :)

Karla