Monday, October 8, 2007

TO change or not to change......

This weekend was very productive. I rearranged my living room. I know to some people that is not a big deal, but to me it is a very big deal. I like to rearrange rooms, but with my house there is not much chance for variety. Except maybe Jordan’s room, lucky kid gets her room a major clean and rearranged about every six months by her mom.

I have wanted to rearrange the living room for a long time, but it was a matter of talking Dave into it. We have surround sound and it meant rewiring all the speakers. Which meant going under the house. Not something I can get my husband to do, he has this thing about spiders. He doesn’t like them so much. lol Thanks to our great friend Steve he came over and went under the house for me. For those of you that know my house, the couch and the TV have switched places. It really opens this back up between the living room and the kitchen. I love it. It will also make for good placement of our Christmas tree. I promised David I wouldn’t even thing about rearranging the living room again for a while. LOOK OUT JORDAN!!!!

Now a little update on the rest of my family:

Ken is doing great. He is getting all A’s and B’s in school. This week is homecoming every day they have some sort of theme to dress up in. Today was color wars. Each class was to wear a certain color. Seniors wore blue. Saturday night is the homecoming dance. He and a bunch of his friends are going to the dance together. Nobody has a date they are going stag. I am sure they will have a good time. He is also going to Bellingham High School’s Homecoming dance. He is going with a friend of Mandi’s. For those of you that don’t know Mandi is my little sister. Don’t worry we will get lots of pictures of all the dances.

Jordan is doing well. She did have a little illness at the beginning of last week. She had a little bit of a fever and came home early from school on Tuesday and stayed home from on Wednesday. Which meant that she missed her first Girl Scout meeting. She is feeling better now and hasn’t missed anymore days. After her being so ill last year I was worried that this might be the beginning of another year of illness’ But she recovered really quick. Lets hope that is it for the rest of the year.

David and I are doing great we are getting ready to go away next weekend to celebrate our anniversary. On Monday the 15th is our 13-year anniversary. Last spring I won a weekend get away from KAFE 104.3 radio station. We are going to the Friday Harbor House. We are both looking forward to it. It will be just the two of us. Ken will be staying at our, David and Michelle’s house and Jordan will be at my Dad’s house for the weekend. Thank you to both of them for helping us out with the kids. Normally David and I don’t do much, but maybe go out to dinner for our anniversary, so this is a special treat for us. I told Dave we have been to Friday Harbor a lot, but that would to shoot a race or something, but never had a chance to really get a chance to explore the island. If it is nice I hope we get a chance to go for a hike or something.

This week is another busy week. On Wednesday we have a fundraiser for Bellingham High School Orchestra and a performance by them as well. We will get a chance to hear Mandi play. Then on Thursday Jordan’s orchestra is having a concert as well. Then Friday we leave for Friday Harbor. I know I won’t get a chance to post another blog until sometime next week. Possibly on Sunday it just all depends on when we get home from our weekend. Have a great week and keep in touch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Wedding Anniversary ,Dave and Michelle. I hope you will have a good time in the Friday Harbor House.
Tan