Sunday, November 4, 2007

Weekend recap.

On our way home Friday night Jordan was all excited about the weekend. Here is word for word what she said…..”It’s a three day weekend YAY!!!! And I get to make cookies this weekend. How could it be more perfect then that?” I remember a time when life was that simple. lol It made me think of my perfect weekend.

For me it would be someone else did my laundry and cleaned my house while I spent the entire weekend with my family. It could be relaxing and just chilling at home or it could be out and about for the day, as long as I was with them.

I did have a great Saturday. I got to spend the day with just my dad. It has been a while since it was just him and I. It was awesome. We just took a nice drive down Chuckanut Drive and went over to Whidbey Island and had lunch in Coopville. It was a great afternoon. We got to talk without interruption. I love it. Thanks dad I hope we don’t wait so long for the next trip.

Friday night David and Ken went and shot the Lynden and Whidbey Island High School play off game. Lynden sent Whidbey Island home with a big lose. Any way I guess Ken also shot some photos. You can check out his photos on David web site. The link is here on my blog site. Ken’s senior project is on photography. So this was a good lesson for him. He and David spent some time at the computer talking about the photos. David can get rather long winded, but Ken didn’t seem to mind….lol

On Saturday after my time with my dad I came home and picked up the kids. We went shopping for a dress for Jordan. Next week is the annual Me and My Guy Ball. That is the politically correct way of saying Father-Daughter Ball. Jordan and David went last year and had a blast. The dance is on Friday night. We of course found a great dress that will be suitable of Christmas and our cruise in February. We also get it for 50% off at JC Penny’s even better.

Then today has been a typical casual day. The kids and I both took naps mid afternoon. I did several loads of laundry. I has been good. The kids have tomorrow off from school. It is a teachers work day. My dad is going to come and pick them up and take them to the movies in the afternoon. Then Ken is going to make us some Vietnamese food. Looking for to it.

That is a small recap of our weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The most exciting thing about the 3 day weekend is I can oversleep lol I love sleeping!
Anyway, I'm looking forward to the movie with granpa and the food I'll make tomorrow!
Please dont say yuck if it's really yuck ! lol
Love ya Mom!
Big hug!