Sunday, October 28, 2007

Family of four.

We are growing into a family of four. It has been fun watching both Ken and Jordan get to know each other. They seem to have a good time together. They laugh and play together. They pick on each other is a nice way. This past Friday night David had a game to shoot and I went out with some co-workers for a drink after work. Ken and Jordan stayed home. They played a game or two together. It is nice to hear and see them enjoy spending time together.

Saturday afternoon Jordan went to Western Washington University to participate in a clinic that the girl’s volleyball team was putting on for girl’s ages 6 to 12. Jordan had a blast. I think it really turned her on to sport. Then that night we went to WWU to watch the team play a game. Jordan was one of the ball girls for the first game. She got to get the balls as the girls warmed up before the game. Then sit on the bench during the game. Then after the game she got to high five the other team. The WWU team is number 1 in their conference and swept the game. Jordan had a great time. It was great to see her smiling and enjoying herself.

Jordan has had a self-esteem issue this year. She had a rough school year health wise last year and had to be put on a strong dose of steroids for about a month and a half. She has major allergies and asthma. From January to June she was in the Dr’s office with some sort of illness. We finally bit the bug after the steroids and a large dose of antibiotics. As you know the side effect of steroids is weight gain, so that hasn’t helped the self-esteem. I really want her to do at least one sport when she gets into middle school. I enjoyed sports very much in school. I did sports all year long while in middle school. I am hoping that the sports bug gets her too. Anyway I figured the volleyball is a good sport. Plus my little sister Mandi plays it and Jordan really looks up to Mandi. Anyway here are a couple of photos from last night.

Jordan standing with the other ball girls before the game


Jordan doing a high-five at the end of the game


Jordan and Jordyn. Jordyn was so sweet to Jordan after the game. She encouraged Jordan to try and play volleyball in middle school and said she hoped to see Jordan at the next home game.

What it has been to watch as we blend into a family of four. It really seems like the kids have bonded over the last couple of weeks. They seem to have fun together. Today was a typical lazy Sunday for us. I read the Sunday paper, made a little breakfast for everyone, took a nap, did several loads of laundry etc etc. Sometime during the day I realized that I hadn’t heard from the kids in a while. When I looked back in Ken’s room I found both of them in the room watching TV together. It was so cute to see.

Another family thing is to play slug bug when in the car. Ever since David and I started dating we would play the slug bug game in the car. For those of you that don’t know what a slug bug it is a Volkswagen Beetle. When you see one you yell out slug bug yellow or what ever color it just happens to be. That gives you one point. Sometimes it can be just a casual game or a serious game either way it is fun. When all four of us are in the car we do teams. It is either the boys against the girls or the kids against the parents. Last night it was boys against the girls. I had game last night. At one point Ken said to David “Dad you need to concentrate on the game.” David was too busy looking at the pictures he took at the volleyball game. I must say the girl’s won 2 – 0. Way to go mom and Jordan.

Ken has fit right in as part of our family. Even little Samantha lets him hold her. It took her a long time to let David hold her. There have been times that Sam would cry when David even walked into the room. lol I think we are really lucky to have Ken as part of our family.

Please look below, I have finally add a bunch of pictures as promised last weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can tell how lucky I am to be a part of your family. This is my first family in USA and my second family over the world. I couldn't enjoy all the things without you guys. I couldn't know more slangs or improve my English(for e.x :boobies lol)without you guys. Having you guys in my life over here makes me happy and get over all sadness or homesickness. Thank you very much. Love you Dad, Mom and Jordy !

pysanki.blogspot.com said...

I love all the photos and updates. The big pumpkin eating the little pumpkin is really really cute.

As for Jordy...brace yourself...Middle school is a killer. :) At least Jordan has some really neat friends.

Anonymous said...

Hi mom I read the hole thing.Thank you for reading my blog and giveing me a coment.