Saturday, December 29, 2007

Not much but a little something....


On Christmas we had a great chat with David’s mother Marion. David sent her a link to my blog and she posted a comment that she loved the pictures, but would like to see more of her son. As a mother I can understand that request. So that is why I have posted this photo of David. The reason why a majority of our photos don’t have David in them is because he is on the other side of the camera as he is in this photo. This photo was taken by one of the Lynden parents at one of the many football games that David shoots. He emailed it to David to let him know that the table had been turned that day. Lol Marion I will try to do better at posting more photo’s of David. From one mother to another I can understand your request.

Today started as a typical day in the Willoughby house we did our weekly cleaning of the house. The whole family pitches in and cleans. Today also included putting all the Christmas Decorations away. As my friend Stephani said to me this week that it is kind of depressing putting them away. I have to agree. My house seems a little bare now that they are put away for the year. But it also feels good to have a clean house.

This afternoon we went down to Mt. Vernon for a family get together with Karla’s mom’s side of the family. Quick introduction Karla is my dad’s wife. Here is the most recent family photo that I could find on our computer. This was taken a couple of years ago when we were in Florida. Please note that Karla is about five months pregnant with Samantha.
Anyway Karla’s grandpa had arranged a delicious catered meal for the family. It was a large family gathering and not everyone was there. My dad said it was planned for about 100 plus people to be there. After dinner there was a little program lead by Marty, Karla’s mom. There was singing, a skit and a little commentary done by one of Karla’s cousins. I wish David had taken his camera it would have been nice to get some photos of the event. It is always nice seeing families getting together and having a good time.

We brought home and extra guest my step-cousin Miles. He is 13. He is Karla’s nephew visiting from Idaho. He loves to play the same game that David plays, World of Warcraft. He is staying the night so that he can get his game fix. Plus it is a night without the girls bothering him. The girls are my little sister Mandi who is 14 and Alyssa, Miles’ sister she is 15.

The house is clean and the groceries are put away. I have my last load of laundry washing, so that means tomorrow will be a good Sunday of relaxing. As you know by previous blogs this is my favorite kind of Sunday. I am sure it is the last thing Ken and Jordan want to do especially Ken. He has been stuck home everyday this week. But one more day of rest will be good for him since he has been suffering a bad head cold. Don’t worry Ken come Monday when your swimming coach is pushing you do to one more lap in the pool I am sure you will wish for another lazy day. lol Jordan on the other hand might be happy being able to play her Wii all day. lol

Speaking of Jordan she is finally done with this last dose of Steroids. Lets hope it is her last. I noticed in our Christmas photos that she is suffering from the puffy look. The not so wonderful side effect of steroids. Please pray or send positive thoughts that she stays healthy the rest of the winter.

That’s it for now. Just a little update on the Willoughby’s Please leave me a comment or two.

1 comment:

Daron and Theresa said...

WOW! Im so jealous! Your cruise sounded awesome! Wish you could have highjacked the boat and made them come to Guam haha. Sammy looks so much better, I almost cried at how big she looks and how much hair she has. We have been praying for her. I have a picture of the girls with Jordan on the fridge and we think of you guys all the time. What a great time we had with you...even though short..it was still great! Please keep in touch..I'd like to get together again sometime. We are moving to Washington DC in June and would love you guys to come out and stay a while. We will have a guest room a huge family room and plenty of room for whoever wants to come! I know that whole area like the back of my hand so you will have a great vacation. No karaoki mind you haha. Well hug Jordy for us. We miss you guys. I put your blog link on my site daronandtheresa.blogspot.com I just updated it more so check it out. Katie made it into the Air Force Academy..so you guys will be so much closer than we will be...can she call you during the school breaks? I would love for her to have an alternate place to go if we can't make the trip etc. Please let me know...not sure if she is even going to accept..she has alot of colleges that havent even responded yet...but the AFA is the best opportunity Im thinking. More later. Love Theresa, Daron, Katie and Hannah
PS i know that it says that our email address is gmail.com but it's not its daronandtheresa@yahoo.com bye for now.