Wednesday, May 7, 2008

To heal the heel!!!!!

I have several things that I want to post about, such as Ken’s Prom. David got a ton of beautiful photos. But since I am on my lunch break at work and don’t have access to those photos I will do a little post just because I haven’t posted in a while.

It has been six weeks since I have injured my Achilles tendon. My Dr. told me to stay off of it for three weeks and ice it. I have been doing all of it. David has told me I need to have physical therapy on it. My Dr had told me to come back if I hadn’t healed. I procrastinated hoping it would heal on its own. Not so much!!!!

I can move around ok without any pain. If I sit for a long period of time when I get up I have some pain in that area, but after a couple of steps it is fine. When I try to run or do any sort of workouts it hurts so much I have to stop. It is really frustrating because before the injury I was working our four-five times a week and it had become a habit. David finally made me make an appointment to see the Dr.

I went in this am to see her. She said yes I would need physical therapy, but first they need to rule out a tear. If I do in fact have a tear there will be a lot to do before I would go any PT. My appointment is next Monday at 5pm.


Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge

On that note I need to heal. I just got the information about my marathon yesterday and it really put a fire under me to heal…….my heel. lol I found out that the run is thru Walt Disney World. We run thru all the parks. Here is a link to see everything that is going on the weekend of the race. You can find the map on the right side of the page. http://disneyworldsports.disney.go.com/dwws/en_US/marathon/events/detail?name=MarathonWeekendInfoDetailPage

I really want to do this run. I have printed out the map and put it all over my house as motivators to remind me of my goal. Pray for me and wish me luck. I will let you know the results of my MRI.

I will get the pictures of Ken’s prom posted very very soon.

No comments: