Monday, July 7, 2008

Good Times!!!!

Yes you are seeing correctly I am blogging AGAIN and it has only been two days since my last blog. lol I am going to really try my best to blog on a regular basis.

Sorry to say there will not be any photo's for this post. I know a photographer's wife with no photo's. Kind of like the shoe makers kids running around with no shoes. But when you have photo equipment weights more the a small child it is the last thing you want to take with you.

Anyway on to our weekend.

4th was spent with family. After I got off work, yes I had to work it is a Canadian company after all, we headed out to my cousin Anita's house. It has been our tradition every year since Jordan was just a month old to go to Anita and Galen's house. It is a tradition I love. Well I love traditions period. I personally think it makes for special memories. I really don't like to faultier much from a tradition. But what I love about any holiday is I am with my family that means more to me then anything. The biggest reason why I keep traditions is my daughter, Jordan. She is big on it. If we have been doing it one way since she can remember she wants to keep it that way. If I tell her that something is going to be different or if someone who is normally there is not going to be is gets very disappointed.

Last year was a little bit of a disappointment for her. Our tradition changed a little bit. We still went to Anita's, but we didn't do any fire works as usual. Anita's and Galen had just moved into their beautiful dream home and they had neighbors. So we didn't want to be responsible for burning down anybodies house. So we had a BBQ, visited and then left. Jordan was a little bored. There is a big age difference between all the cousins and Jordan is the baby. We then went over and watched the Bellingham fireworks show with the Zerbst's Family, our good friends. We sat in the middle of the road.....yes the middle and watched the show. It was perfect and fun. That part wasn't a disappointment Jordan got to be with her best friend. But she didn't get to let of any fireworks herself.

This year we went over to Anita's for the traditional BBQ. Let off day time fire works. Then around sunset we headed over to Galen's brothers house for our nighttime fireworks. Gordy, Galen's brother bought a house this year that has the property and no close neighbor's so we could do our traditional show. Jordan had a blast. As I sat and watched the show I could hear her belly laughing down with all the big boys as they did the show. She told our friend, Sara, that this was the first time they let her light off the BIG fireworks. It was good to see the grin on her face. On the way home she said this was WAY better then last year. The only thing she missed was having her grandpa there to watch her set them off and also seeing her buddy Summer.

On Saturday we chilled out in the am, then did a little house cleaning in the afternoon. Then invited ourselves over to watch a movie at the other Dave and Michelle's house, our neighbors. It was a nice ending to a good day. It is so nice to have good friends and neighbors that you can text and say hey we are coming down to watch a movie at your house and them not thinking twice about it.....Thanks D & M.

On Sunday we slept in then got up and headed out to go bike riding on our brand new bikes. If you are the least bit interested here is the link to what mine and Jordan's bike looks like. http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes/2008/mountain_hardtail/3_series/3700wsd/ She and I got the 3700 just in different colors and sizes. David got the 3900.

Our ride started out in Fairhaven on the Inner Urban Trail. We did good on the flat parts, but found out that on the down hills and up hills Jordan just wasn't ready skill wise. She was too nervous going to fast downhill and doesn't know how to gear down to go up hill. So after a 3 mile ride we rode back to the truck put the bikes in the back. Then drove over to my dad's and rode around his neighborhood. Our first stop was at the Zerbst's were we visited and had appetizers. Then we headed over to Jordan's girl scout leaders house to say hi and show them our bikes. Since Mary Beth lived on the same street as our good friend Sara we headed over for a visit. Where she was having an unplanned BBQ. Other friends of Sara's had stopped by right before we did, so Sara threw some burgers and dogs on the grill. It was fun. We made plans with Sara for a bike ride on Tuesday.

All in all it was a good weekend. It is now Monday I have the day off since I worked the 4th. I am going to do a little pick up on my house then get ready for my re-do at the spa. I am getting a free mani, pedi and message today. I will explain later on a whole other blog. If I have time I just might tell you all about it tonight.

1 comment:

Steph :o) said...

It took me 5 minutes to recover from TWO blogs in TWO days. *grin* So glad you could join us for "appetizers," and we're delighted to have Jordy here for the day today. Hope you enjoy your massage, mani, and pedi! :o)