Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Fifty-six

Fifty-six that is the number of mosquito bites my daughter has on her body, 22 on just one arm alone. Next question your thinking is how can she let herself get bitten so much? If you read my last blog you will remember that our family bought new bikes last week and on Sunday we went for a nice ride. We didn’t get home until after 9pm.

Here is the story………

On the weekends in the am when our dogs want to go outside we often get up open the sliding glass door in our room and leave it open. This way we can get back into bed and snooze for a bit more and not have to get up again when they want back inside. Well……..we forgot to shut the door before we left for the day.

As you may guess by now leaving the door open all day a house might have a few bugs in it by 9:00pm. Lets just say there was well more then a few. It was just NUTS!!!! It was a mosquito family reunion in our house that night. David and I spent a long time trying to kill as many as we could. We just couldn’t get them all. I slept with a pillow on my head because I got tired of hearing the drive-bys in my ear. You know those times your just about get to sleep and you hear the buzz of a mosquito fly by your ear. UGH!!!!!

Before we went to bed we all put a ton of Off on our bodies. David and I didn’t get one bite, but our poor little girl was a buffet for those little buggers. They even bit thru her clothes because she has four huge ones on her butt.

This is just a small sample of some of them on her arm. These are the small compared to some of them.

Monday night wasn’t too itchy and she had no problems, but last night (Tuesday) she was miserable. I did everything possible to help the urge to itch. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

On a side note Jordan and I have been riding like crazy. I have ridden my bike to work every day this week. Then we have been doing all our errands on our bikes. I just drive to my Dad’s house and park my truck and we off go from there. On Monday night my friend Sara and I took a beautiful ride. We figure we rode at least 10 miles that day. If I continue by the end of the summer my legs should look awesome. I tell you it has been great therapy for my boggled little brain. Nothing like some good sweat therapy.

Another side note about the car accident, Jordan and I are both getting better. We both got some message therapy last night. And felt really good after we were done. I will keep you posted as we go along. Thanks to everyone’s prayers and kind messages we really enjoy them and it is nice to know we have friends and family that care.

1 comment:

Steph :o) said...

What, no pictures of the bites on her bum? LOL!!! Sorry, DoeDoe! That is SO BRUTAL! Lily has 5 bites and she is miserable. I can't imagine how you feel. Oh, Michelle, try a lotion ending in "dryl" (i.e. Caladryl or Benadryl). However, if she is taking a lot of allergy meds right now, check with a doc, because too much Benadryl (even on the skin) isn't good.