Thursday, August 14, 2008

Little bit of drama.......

I know it has been a long time since I have posted. It has been a long drama filled summer. Between my car accident and some other personal things I have been on the mend physical and mentally. I would like to say thank you to the best friends I have ever had. My neighbor, Michelle who was there for me and held me when I felt my world was falling apart. My email buddy Stephani who had listened or more like read about all my problems and sending me lots of prayers, encouragement and advice. Anita, my cousin, who has reminded me that I still have a family. Thank you to all of you for being there for me. All the hugs and encouragement you all gave me has meant the world to me. Just to know that I am not alone is a big help.

Now on to happier times:

Last week I dropped Jordan off at summer camp. For the last few years she has been going to Camp Indianola. It is a church camp that I grew up going too out on the Kitsap Peninsula. We drove down on Saturday Aug 2nd to North Seattle then car pooled over with our good friend Pastor-Michele. She is the minister that married David and I. She is also a good friend. Her oldest daughter Katie was also attending the camp. We ended up waiting in the ferry line for a little over two hours. It didn’t seem too long because it had been a while since Michele and I had talked, so we spent the time getting caught up on life. It was nice being just the two of us after we dropped the girls off at camp. I got in a little retail……I mean pastoral therapy when we were together.

David and I had a good week being alone. My BFF and neighbor, Michelle, reminded me that it has been a long long time since we had that amount of alone time together. The last couple of years my in-laws have been at my house all summer. Due to gas prices this year they didn’t make it. We miss them very much, but I was appreciative of the time alone. Our first night I went and cheered David on at his soccer game, and then we got a bite of dinner after the game. On Tuesday night we went on a nice bike ride along the water and had a picnic dinner at Boulevard Park. Wednesday night we kind of did our own thing. He played on his game and I just became a couch potato for the evening. Thursday night we watched a movie together at home. Then our last night alone we went out on another date. We say the movie Dark Knight. It was EXCELLENT a must see.

The Saturday morning we were up bright and early. We had to be over to the camp by 11am to see Jordan performance. This year’s camp was a drama camp. They performed the play Godspell Jr. I will post pictures of them this evening. I am on my lunch break at work right now so no access to the photos. The directors did a great job making sure all the kids that wanted solo’s got one. Jordan had a solo and trio part. I of course was very proud of her. She did a great job in the whole play. This summer she a grown up a lot. She is getting so mature.

Last night was David’s 38 Birthday. Sorry about the bad picture. I have this brand new beautiful camera that I got for mother’s day and my birthday and I forgot it at home. Yes I know with David’s thousands of dollars worth of professional gear and my new point and shoot neither one of us had a camera. I did however get this bad picture of David with the camera on my cell phone while the waiters sang happy birthday to him. We went out the Chihuahuas, in Ferndale, for dinner. It was a good time with great food and friends.

This is a face only a mother could love......well maybe his wife too. lol He is such a goof but I love him with all my heart. Happy Birthday David thanks for being such a wonderful, husband and father. We are very blessed to have you.

No comments: