Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Arrival

It is Wednesday and Khoa has arrived, sorry no pictures yet. We forgot to bring the camera with us last night. I will get some today. We have no major plans for today except David and I are giving blood this evening. For today I was just planning on letting Khoa just rest and get settled in here at the house. We will take him into town this evening to borrow my dad’s van for tomorrow. He will get a chance to me my dad’s and his family.

Khoa speaks English very well. I did find that we have to speak a little slower for him to catch everything we had to say. But I am very impressed with how well he was doing after traveling for such a long time.

He brought us some beautiful gifts from Vietnam. I got a beautiful tablecloth, a wine holder that has some great needlepoint on it, a Kleenex cover and a nice hand sewn portrait of a scene along a river. Then he brought David the coolest looking tie. It was so sweet of him to bring us gifts. He of course loved his Mariner t-shirt we gave him.

Tomorrow will be a busy day of going down to the Kitsap Peninsula to pick Jordan up at Camp Indianola. I did get a great letter from Jordan. Sounds like she is having a great time at camp. It is a drama type camp. They are going to be doing some sort of performance tomorrow night after dinner. It ought to be fun to watch. My little drama queen should do well.

That’s it for now.

No comments: