Saturday, May 17, 2008

Take me out to the ball game.

Major league memeber in training.

For the last couple of years our great friends Stephani and Eric invite us to watch their son Jay play baseball. I love their kid’s like they were my own kids. I call Jay my “little man”. I know some day I will have to look up at him and say it, but he will always be my “little man”.

(I think I told this story in a previous blog, but your going to read it again.) lol
For those of you that don’t know I have know Stephani since we were about four or five. Our parents went to the same church and our dad’s where volunteers on the Custer Fire Department district # 13. Anyway we used to play together as little girls. Then life took us in different directions until our girls were in their last year in preschool. I still remember and cherish that day. I was standing in the classroom when Stephani and Summer walked in the room. I looked and Steph and said Stephani is that you? The rest is history. Our girls have been best buddies since then.

Well Stephani’s husband Erich used to have his own photography business and he owned his set of studio lights. Well one time David borrowed them to use and they seemed to have taken up permanent residence at our house. They have gone back home on occasion or two, but still end up at our house. Erich has been kind enough to allow David to keep using the lights as needed. As payment David tries to get photos for them at their kid’s events. One of those events has always been one of Jay’s baseball games. We chose to attend this last Friday’s game. We could not have asked for better weather. It was beautiful and warm.

David and Erich switched off taking pictures while Stephani and I cheered for Jay. I wasn’t able to stay for the whole game, but still got to enjoy some good conversation and a good game and another wonderful memory with our great friends.

Keep your eye on the ball.

WAY TO GO MY “little man”!!!!

1 comment:

Steph :o) said...

THANK YOU to all of you for coming out to cheer for Jay. And a big thank you to David for once again taking AWESOME pictures! (Um, and thanks for letting Erich play with your camera!) You guys are the bestest, and I'm glad we're friends!! *hug*