Saturday, May 17, 2008

SURPRISE!!!!

This time of the year is just crazy busy for us. As my friend Stephani and I say it is the end of the school year push to get everything in before school lets out. Having two kids has been a great joy to me, but right now we are juggling everything to make sure no one misses out on anything.

One event is trying to find time to have Jordan’s friend birthday party. When to have it so that, David, can be there to watch her celebrate with her friends. This time of year is also busy with David shooting the Ski-to-Sea races. This happens every year for us trying to squeeze in a party.

This year I decided to throw her a surprise birthday party. I wanted her to feel special and not like we were squeezing in a party. I had it all planned out. We would go watch Jay Z. play baseball. Read my blog below about the baseball game. Then I would make up an excuse to leave early, so that I could greet the guests. Then David would take Jordan on an errand until I called to say it was safe to come home.

I kept the party very intimate this year. I only invited three of her friends. Sorry to some of her other friend who normally come to her parties. I was limited on space this year since it was a home party.

Ken and I decorated the game room and kept it under lock and key for the party. When each guest arrived I had her hide their sleeping bags and stuff in Jordan’s room. Then they would hide in the game room. When Jordan came home I had David go into the game room to get pictures of Jordan’s face when she walked in the room. The one thing I didn’t remember was to hide their shoes. (DAMNITOL) Jordan comes in the house and said mom whose shoes are these? They look like Tala’s. I think I told her they were her cousin’s, Hilary, who had came over for a visit. UGH!!! lol She still didn’t expect a thing. We got into position and I had Jordan go back in the room. She opened the door and everyone yelled SURPRISE!!!! Then sprayed her with silly string. David took pictures like crazy. Then he said OPPS!!!! He had no flash card in the camera. lol What use is having a professional photographer in your house and this happens. Oh well there was still some silly string left in the cans. David popped a card in the camera and shouted to the girls to spray her again. lol

Get her!!!!
You can't get away from me!!!!

Normally when Jordan has a sleep over I try to get them into bed and 10ish. But this party didn’t even start until 8pm. I just let them play outside until the sun went down and the mosquitoes came out. Then they came in and opened up presents, had some cake, then headed back to the game room to be giggling girls. Finally at 1:30am I told them it was lights out. That they could still talk, but I was hoping the lights out would trigger some sleepiness. Jordan said they talked for a while then fell asleep.

Best Friends

They are eating a cracker. The first one to whistle wins. I think Tala (black tank) won.

Make Wish. Normally I put strawberries all over the cake. But one of the girls didn't like strawberries.
I thought for sure they would sleep in…….well I was fooling myself. lol They got up about 8:30am. They stayed in the game room until I made breakfast, French toast with either syrup, whip cream and strawberries or powdered sugar. Then they went outside to play for a while.

I think that last girl went home about 2:00pm. Jordan and I had some lunch next thing I knew she was sound asleep in the couch and has been that way for two hours now.

It was a very successful party. She said she had a great time and was very surprised.

2 comments:

Steph :o) said...

Happy (early) 11th birthday, DoeDoe! Summer had a blast at your party. You're a special friend to her, and I hope you stay buddies forever!!!

pysanki.blogspot.com said...

Oh, that sounds like such fun!!! I'm sure all the girls had a blast.